OCR Update on HIPAA and COVID-19
The HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is hosting a webinar for health IT stakeholders on HIPAA privacy and security issues related to COVID-19 and recent OCR actions related to the pandemic.
- Timothy Noonan, Deputy Director for Health Information Privacy, OCR
- COVID-19 and Permissible Disclosures under the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Enforcement Discretion and Guidance for Telehealth Remote Communications
- Guidance for Disclosures to First Responders and Public Health Authorities
- Enforcement Discretion for Business Associates to Use and Disclose PHI for Public Health and Health Oversight Activities
- Enforcement Discretion for Community-Based Testing Sites
When: Friday, April 24, 2020, from 12:00pm – 1:00pm Eastern
Please note, this webinar is limited to 3,000 participants. It will be recorded and made available on HealthIT.gov within the week.